This article belongs to the debate » Multiple Legalities
12 Januar 2021
Invisible Drivers Behind Formal Law
Head back to programme.
Next session: 15:45-17:00 CET/9:45-11:00 EST
Formal legal rules do not appear out of thin air. Rather, their emergence is conditioned by frameworks that are invisible to the formalist perspective. This panel looks at how formal law is driven by an array of less visible factors: data, algorithms, and broader “background rules”.
- Larry Catá Backer, Pennsylvania State University
- Pascal McDougall, Harvard Law School
- Gabriele Wadlig, New York University
- Discussant: Balakrishnan Rajagopal, MIT
- Moderator: Gráinne de Búrca, New York University
SUGGESTED CITATION de Búrca, Gráinne, Rajagopal, Balakrishnan, Backer, Larry Catá, McDougall, Pascal; Wadlig, Gabriele: Invisible Drivers Behind Formal Law, VerfBlog, 2021/1/12, https://verfassungsblog.de/invisible-drivers-behind-formal-law/.
Leave A Comment